Video

Inflight – Pakistan International Airlines

Pakistan International Airlines commonly known as PIA or Pakistan International is the national flag carrier of Pakistan. It operates scheduled services to 23 domestic destinations and 30 international destinations in 27 countries across Asia, Europe and North America.

Pakistan International Airlines can trace its origins to the days when Pakistan had not yet gained independence from the British Raj. In 1946, the country’s founder Muhammed Ali Jinnah realized the need for a flag carrier for the prospective country and requested financial help from a wealthy businessman Mirza Ahmad Ispahani and Adamjee Haji Dawood for this purpose.

On 7 June 1954, Orient Airways started its operations by offering flight services between East and West Pakistan, with service from Karachi to Dhaka.

Pakistan International Airlines Corporation (PIAC) is majority owned by the Government of Pakistan (87%) while the remainder (13%) by private shareholders. The airline is under the administration of Ministry of Defence the chairman of which is Muhammad Mian Nawaz Sharif .

paragraph-separator-2

Trip to Pakistan PK 738

Pakistan International Airlines Inflight Heathrow to Islamabad (HD)

Aerial View of Pakistan (Watch it in Full HD)

PIA flight from Amsterdam to Islamabad

Benazir Bhutto International airport (before: Islamabad International Airport) filmed from out of the bus that transports passengers to the airplane.

Inflight Shaheen Air Takeoff from Karachi to Islamabad

Advertisements

3 comments on “Inflight – Pakistan International Airlines

  1. PIA is a really interesting airline. Yet, the age of the fleet is a little problematic. Especially the Airbus A310 und the Boeing 747-300 airplanes are very old which makes flying with PIA a little less than flying with other airlines. Yet, I’d definitely try flying PIA in the future 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s